Monday, March 15, 2010

Philadelphia

In my humble view, Philadelphia is unequivocally one of the best cities in the world. It looks like Gotham city from Batman, with old stone buildings, new skyscrapers and ancient statues dotting the urban landscape.

Alright, enough with the fanciful travel writing style, Greg. Right? Ok jerk, well here is what I actually did:

Despite the pouring rains and 25 mph winds, I decided to brave the elements and charge through the city with my camera in hand one afternoon. Somehow I survived and more importantly so did the camera. The result was some amazing photos ranging from the stairs in Rocky to Love Park, a legendary skate spot. And I only got into an argument with one cabby who told me to stop giving him such a hard time or he would throw me out of the cab. It's inevitable when you question the navigational skills of a seasoned driver from the city of Philly with limited English vocabulary. I apologized and we parted ways as frienemies.









No comments:

Post a Comment