Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Montreal, Quebec

Montreal is alot like a clean, not so scummy New York where everyone speaks French. I was actually a bit dumbfounnded at how metropolitan, diverse and meticulously clean the city was. Seriously, I could not find a scrap of trash on the ground for the life of me, which was really scary for some odd reason.

From the streets flooded with tourists, street performers, great restaurants and shopping, to the booby bars touting their "Super full contact" dances, pardon my 'Quebec' but the place has a lot of shit going on at all times. I was able to cruise the streets where I stumbled upon an abandoned mall at 3am in my hotel, an italian dinner courtesy of the Trotters, great architecture and museums, absinthe, and some of the best people watching I have ever seen. For the first time on this tour I felt like I was in a foreign country. And it was nothing like the time I was in Kentucky and just couldn't understand what the hell people were saying. This time the people were actually speaking a foreign language... and there wasn't even a Wal Mart in sight (sigh).

Most importantly, I learned how to say "Je Suis American," which means I am American. Why is this important you may ask? Well, apparently being Canadian and not knowing French makes you a huge, insulting asshole while being American and not knowing French just makes you a regular sized asshole. That fine day, I was proud to be just a regular sized asshole.







No comments:

Post a Comment