Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Wal Mart Kentucky


I heard about this web site called the people of Wal Mart where one can gaze upon the dregs of our society (that's a little harsh, let's just say the less fortunate ones) and have a laugh. I always thought, how do such people exist, where do they live and how do they live?

Apparently a small contingent of them reside in Bowling Green Kentucky, milling around the Wal Mart Supercenter participating in a good ol' fashioned consumer capitalistic frenzy. There are several standard issue characters which made an appearance. Among them were:
1) Meth Mouth
2) Morbidly obese woman using an electric wheelchair in the candy aisle
3) 15 year old carrying baby
4) Really, really old people, that you are scared they will survive this Wal Mart trip.
4) and my new friend and personal favorite shown above, crazy Jesus guy

Crazy Jesus guy and I made fast friends while waiting for a cab, especially after I told him I was jewish.

"Gregory, do you believe Jesus Christ is the messiah?"

"Not really, I'm Jewish."

"Oh my god, I knew I was going to run into you today. I decided to come to Wal Mart and God told me I would run into someone to spread his word. It's you, Gregory, are you ready to accept Christ?"

"Uhhh."

"Do you believe in a heaven and hell, where do you think you're going and why?"

"I'm a pretty good guy so I'll say heaven. Jews don't really speak about hell too much, more reincarnation until you get it right sort of thing."

"NO, Gregory, the old testament talks about Hades and the jews are a lost people. Lost until they accept Christ..."

The intense conversation went on for a half hour so here are a few fun facts that this guy spit out.

-5 marriages
-Studied eastern religions until he saw a woman with a, "bright red aura coming out of her heart chakra, that knocked him back 4 feet, flying into a wall." She was a true believer so he followed her teachings for a few years and she showed him "the path."
-He traveled the world for years seeking mystics, watching monks levitate, burn themselves, that sort of thing for years. Finally, he found what he was looking for (i.e. Southern Baptist).
-Used to drink and smoke heavily, now just smokes 2 packs a day. Apparently he throws some ganj in the mix too. Talked about how he quit everything except cigs and one other substance.
-Lived in LA off Sunset Blvd. during the 70's aka he has done enough drugs to kill 5 small horses.

Good times overall, we hugged and parted ways as friends after I took a photo with him and his amazing gear. I'll never forget you my friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment